Desired Skills & Experiences
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale.
- A drive towards automating repetitive tasks (e.g., scripting via Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/ECS)
- Expertise with AWS (e.g., IAM, EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Autoscaling, Lambda)
- Version control system experience (e.g., Git)
- Experience implementing CI/CD (e.g., Jenkins, TravisCI, AWS CodePipeline)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g., Terraform, Cloudformation)
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Understanding of monitoring tools (Pagerduty, newrelic, CloudWatch, Datadog, Sentry, etc)
- Experience working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems a plus.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in CS, or equivalent practical experience
- Effective communication skills
- As part of a team implement DevOps infrastructure projects
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments.
- Build and deploy automation, monitoring, and analysis solutions.
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency.
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management.
- Secure, scale, and manage Linux virtual environments.
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational administration, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring.
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards and make recommendations for improvement.
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas.
- Move quickly and intelligently – seeing technical debt as your nemesis.
Bachelors or master’s in computer sciences and software engineering from reputable Institute.